28 June 2007

more, more, more


I am feeling a little badly these days...Have I been neglecting you? I have been kind of absent lately, haven't I ? The reason being I have been so busy making way too much work for the upcoming ACGA show on July 7th & 8th. I have this vision of piles of bowls, plates, platters and large groupings of vases. Everything stacked sky high and clustered together! I think my vision will be realized but it makes me a bad blogger for it.

The moon is starting to get full and I am in one of those wild eyed moods and my brain is on fire. I have been also obsessively been thinking about my upcoming show, that will be in November, at the Candy Store here in San Francisco. That may seem like a long time away, god forbid thinking about November in lovely June...but that is the way it is with this slow and tedious medium, we have to think way ahead of the game. I am kinda crawling out of my skin with my ideas for the show. Suffice to say it will be thematic with some color restrictions except for red! I'll keep you posted on its development as the time comes closer. Speaking of the Candy Store, my friend Annie Galvin is having a show there of 100 of her paintings and the opening is tonight from six until nine. Rumor has it margarita's will be served (we love rumors, don't we, especially when they are about margaritas!)

Also my very dear friend, confidant and most admired ceramic artist and business woman, Laura Zindel, will be my next guest blogger! You will want to check back for her post, she will be covering a topic which I think everyone will find very interesting. Plus we get to see some of Laura's gorgeous work as well. Oh and I can't leave out one more opening that you should definitely check out if you are in the area. My very good friend and partner in crime and crazy adventures, Jeanne Lorenz (think the two of us riding to Death Valley on her 1976 Honda 450 back when we were Art School students in 1992), is having a show at Bucheon Gallery which opens tomorrow, Friday June 29th. Jeanne is an amazing painter and the show is sure to be a good one. Hope to see you there!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even this little stack is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing all your hard work ans wonderful vision payoff...
I bought two mugs of Laura's for my husband for Valentines day. We both love them. I am a big gardener and bird watcher - I love,love her work!

Anonymous said...

Yes you have neglected us but you are forgiven because I am in the same boat. Getting ready for a 4-artist exhibition next week and a solo exhibition a few months later. So much pressure! This is such a great post today. There is a very industrious buzz about it which is motivating me to work. I love your stack of bowls and I love the new guest slot

LINDSAY said...

These are really beautiful! I love the highly detailed designs, yet they still feel light & organic...colors are yummy too!

Jo said...

I LOVE your work! I'm also a big fan of Laura's! Two of my favorite things, bugs and birds!