02 September 2006

in between


These last couple of days have felt strange. A kind of limbo has set in. I have finished most of my packing up, shipped all my orders, started saying good-bye to friends. Now is in-between time, in-between being here and getting home. I have gone through a wave of emotions, tearful, joyful, nostalgic, scared, eager, excited, actually I have been experiencing all of these everyday for the past week. I have been a vagabond of sorts for the past year. I have liked it and have also tired of it. I do look forward to my home, my old haunts and am excited about seeing my city with fresh eyes. I will be on the road for a couple of weeks so the voice from inside the studio may be quiet for a while but I will definitely be back and filling you in on all my studio happenings a la west coast when I return to San Francisco so keep checking back.

8 comments:

amy h said...

Safe travels! This is a good time of year for road trips and changes...

Jessica said...

These pieces are absolutely beautiful. I love the bright, bold coloring inside the bowl and plate and the wonderful illustrations on the outside.

.:soplador:. said...

me encanto el juego de la foto, esta realmente lindo!

susan said...

these are lovely examples of your work diana... have a very safe journey west.

Listoria said...

i hope your trip home is an amazing (and safe) adventure!

tiff*

susanna said...

Good luck! I just came back from a trip to a city I once called Home. It was like visiting an old friend.

natasha said...

i saw an amazing plate on the art esprit site that you made of an egg in a nest...do you have anymore like that? bloglines keeps dropping your blog, among others. so. not. cool.

frogstar said...

i've had such a nice time this evening wandering your blog, thank you! very inspirational for a fledgling potter.
i hope your move goes well, and i'll be sure to check in when you're back and bloggin'.
:-)