28 April 2008

an army of good deeds


new small vases
these will be available this weekend at the fourth & clay sale


Hello Friends, Hello Monday,

As you can all imagine it has been a very emotional week for my family and me. My sister is trying to hold up though the stress of losing everything. Having to decide on what to keep and what to throw away because she only has "so much" rented storage space has been an overwhelming experience for her. She is doing her best to keep her spirits up but it has not been easy.

The bright spot in all of this is that so many of you have been so supportive both with kind words of encouragement and also with financial donations. I can't tell you how much this means to us and how helpful it has been.

Thank you so very much!
XO

I am gathering my own little troops (as seen above) in order to help fight the good fight and sell as much as can so I can give a helping hand to my big sis and her family. These little guys will be available this upcoming weekend, May 3rd and 4th at the first annual fourth & clay seconds (and firsts) sale. Also all the money that I make from selling off my seconds will go directly to helping my sister and her family get back on their feet.

If you are in the neighborhood (the greater bay area neighborhood) please do stop on by!
There will be lots of great deals on seconds plus top notch firsts as well from fabulous Ceramic Artists, Rae Dunn, Josie Jurczenia, Whitney Smith and myself as well as handmade cosmetic bags from Susannah Schnick (they bring a little bit of naughty into nice) and Nancy La Rose will be selling her beautiful handmade re-purposed leather purses.

In addition to all the lovely things to buy there will be a "live mural production" happening on the outside of the fourth & clay building by Mel & friends.

We hope to see you there!

P.S. For those of you who can't make the sale I will be posting some of the small vases in my online shop as well. I will let you know as soon as they are in the shop and ready to go.






1 comment:

comfies said...

oh no! i just heard the news. i'm so sorry about the loss of your sister's home. ugh, how awful. glad nobody was hurt...