03 July 2007

independence


I have had the good intentions to post this weeks guest blogger (she has done her part...sorry Laura, I promise I will get to it) but I have been so darned busy getting things finished for the upcoming ACGA show that by the time I get home I am so tired I can barely see straight. I have not had a day off in a week and a half and the days have been very long... a twelve hour day yesterday and ohhhh, a short day today, only ten hours. Being an independent artist means I get to celebrate independence day by eating my lunch by the glowing kiln instead of by a glowing barbecue. It's okay, I am almost there (I whisper this to myself many times through out the day) and just look at the cacophony of color! Just to toot my own horn a little, this is about half of what will have for the sale. The vases go in the kiln tomorrow and some bigger "show" pieces also get fired tomorrow. My back aches and my shoes are covered with glaze, I am tired but feeling very satisfied.


4 comments:

Linda Johnson Studio said...

hi diana! everything looks so good, please post pics of your booth, i can't wait to see it all together. goodluck with your show - it looks like a really good one : )
best! linda

Linda O'Neill said...

That's a good tired though! Nothing quite like a working art frenzy...it's strangely fun.

And by the way...the work you're doing is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow - What beautiful work. I love seeing it all together like that. Have a wonderful show!

amisha said...

hi dear diana! i know it is exhausting but WOW... it must be satisfying to see all that beautiful work all together! can't believe this is just half. it looks gorgeous. wish i could be there to see it in person! good luck with the final push...
xo