02 March 2007

a little more color...

three bowls 8.5" x8.5"x 4"

I spent the entire day yesterday painting bright luscious colors on my forms. I have to get everything finished in a week because I am finally going to go on my vacation to visit my sweetheart (we haven't seen each other for five months). Yay! I got myself a new bathing suit today (can you guess where I am going?) It has something to do with the work I did for my show.

These past couple of weeks have been so interesting very up and very down. I've slowly climbed out of my funk and rash of bad luck and have been equally blessed with good fortune. My show opened last week, the phone is starting to ring, possibilities loom in front of me and well boy I am glad February is over. I plan to post some plates (small ones) for sale in the next couple of days so keep an eye out.

I wanted to leave with you with a little more color until then.

7 comments:

amisha said...

the colors on these are so beautiful... rich and bright. love this set. enjoy your well-earned vacation... sounds like fun!

Michael said...

This might jsut sound funny, but might you be playing with colour in the future? I would love to get my hands on some of that wonderful work on yours, but right now cannot justify it financially.

sulu-design said...

Sounds like things are picking up - good for you. The colors and images on these bowls are so perfect for the upcoming season!

Linda O'Neill said...

I'm glad February is over too...kind of a bleak month. It's interesting, Diana that as things are getting better for you...your ceramics are awash with color! By the way...I absolutely LOVE these bowls.

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely! I'm glad things are starting to look up.

diana fayt said...

michael, oh yes color is definitely in the future :)

thanks all for your comments!

paula said...

These are good news :) and days are getting more colourful.